Master of Public Health Degree Program
About the Program
|School Mission, Goals, & Objectives||Accreditation||Public Health Activities & Partnerships||News & Events|
The Indiana University Master of Public Health (MPH) program at IU’s award-winning School of Public Health-Bloomington will prepare you to be a public health professional through both extensive coursework and real-world practical engagement. Rest assured that with an MPH degree from IU, you’ll have a career that responds to public health needs across a broad and diverse range of communities, health issues, and settings. Our successful graduates are employed in leadership roles in a wide variety of governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations, community based organizations, and private industries.
All students in the MPH program complete core public health course work in biostatistics, environmental health, epidemiology, public health administration, and social and behavioral science. Additionally, students complete coursework, work in field settings, and participate in experiences that develop their knowledge and skills specific to their selected concentration.
The MPH degree offers six concentrations:
Click here for up to date information on exciting changes currently underway for some concentrations.
Our Master of Public Health (MPH) program has been accredited by CEPH since 1995, with our most recent reaccreditation process as a school during the 2014-2015 academic year. Subsequent to a comprehensive self-study by our faculty and staff, and a site visit by an accreditation team from CEPH in December 2014, the Indiana University School of Public Health-Bloomington was awarded full accreditation in June 2015 for a period of five years.
The MPH Program is for you!
Why should you choose the MPH Program at Indiana University School of Public Health-Bloomington? To sum it up, it's about quality education and professional opportunities.
- The MPH Program prepares you for fulfilling careers in many of today's most popular and relevant fields related to preventing disease, promoting health, and improving quality of life through a multidisciplinary approach.
- Our students and programs are connected locally and to the world through our Office of Global and Community Health Partnerships - allowing you to get involved with your community and beyond.
- The MPH Program is known for its academic rigor and its commitment to community outreach.
- The School’s alumni, numbering nearly 20,000, work in a wide array of settings to promote active living and healthy lifestyles. Many of the MPH alumni work in diverse settings: including health departments at local, state and federal levels, research and academic institutions, health clinics, community centers, not-for-profit agencies, health and wellness departments, and more.
- As a student you can work with more than 50 faculty in six MPH concentrations.