Visiting Lecturer in Safety Management
University of Kentucky, Ed.D., 1997
West Virginia University, M.S. in Safety Management, 1979
Asbury University, B.A. in Psychology, 1973
- Fellow, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), New Orleans 2019
- Lifetime Achievement in Safety Award, Business & Legal Reports (BLR), Orlando, 2018
- Professional Safety Article Award, 2nd Place, ASSP 2018
- Keynote Presentation, The Safety Leadership Challenge, Nigeria Chapter ASSP Inaugural meeting, May 2014
- Department Chair, Department of Safety, Health & Environmental Health Sciences, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana. 20042006.
- Trustees Teaching Award, Indiana University. 2003 and 2012.
- Safety Manager at 4 Fortune 500 Companies
Courses Currently/Recently Taught
- S101 Introduction to Safety; S151 Legal Aspects of Safety; S415 Safety Education & Training
- S502 Instructional Strategies for Safety Education; S513 Safety Management in Business & Industry
- S515 Safety Leadership & Measurement; S552 Principles and Concepts of Safety Behavior in the Workplace
Blair's research and scholarly activity focus on safety performance improvement in the workplace. Topics include Safety and Organizational Culture, Safety Related Behavior, Safety Performance Measurement and Safety Education.
Mullins, R. A., E.H. Blair & E.S. Dunlap, Management Leadership: Improving Employee Safety Engagement, Professional Safety Journal, November 2019
Blair, E.H., 3 Keys to Building a Strong Safety Culture, Safety Decisions, Cover Article: Business & Legal Resources (BLR), Summer/Fall 2018
Ali, Rifath & E.H. Blair, Safety Training Revisited: Effective Design & Delivery, Professional Safety Journal, June 2018
Blair, E.H., Management Leadership for Superior Safety Performance, proposed 15-chapter outline submitted to the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), accepted for publication 2020.
Blair, E.H., & Spurlock, B. S., Strategic Safety Measures for Superior Performance, Contract with Wiley & Sons. Anticipated publication date 2020.
Dotson, R., Rawlins, T., Blair, E.H. & Rockwell, S., Principles of Occupational Safety Management, Wrote Chapter 14 - Safety Training Design Strategies, Cognella Academic Publishing, 2018. (Book Chapter)
Blair, E.H., Improving Safety Performance with Behavior-Based Safety, revised chapter for the 7th edition of safety textbook, Fundamentals of Occupational Safety & Health, edited by Mark A. Friend; Government Institutes, 2017. (Book Chapter)