G.I.F.T.S is an initiative sponsored by the Office of the Dean to provide orientation and ongoing support for members of the School of Public Health-Bloomington (SPH-B) faculty during their first three years at Indiana University Bloomington. Through informational sessions, developmental sessions, and social opportunities, the G.I.F.T.S. program strives to provide all new faculty the support and information they need to successfully transition to and remain supported by the SPH-B.
Informational and developmental meetings are hosted at least once a month between August and December to cover a wide range of topics including:
- Fostering a Safe and Welcoming Environment
- Information Technology and Data Security
- Student Services and the IUB CARE team
- Compliance, Conflicts of Interest, and Responsible Conduct in Research
- Student Support Services within SPH-B
- Annual Reviews and Promotion & Tenure
- Professional Development Planning
- How to be a Good Mentor/Mentee
- Grants Administration and Support
- And many more…
The program also hosts social opportunities for the participating faculty and their families through pot-luck barbeques and other dinners, group attendance at IU sporting events, and performances at the IU Auditorium or the IU Musical Arts Center.