Assistant Dean of Operations
Open Research and Contributor Identifier
Nova Southeastern University, Ed.D., 2013
Stetson University, M.B.A., 2008
Indiana University, B.S., 2004
- Bloomington Faculty Council Representative - Lecturer (2019-2020)
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education - Director of Member Services - Central Federation (2019-Present)
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award (2016 & 2019) and Active Learning Grant, Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (2016)
- White Lodging Faculty Fellow (2018- Present) and Dean's Administrative Fellow for Operations and Procedures (2018-2019)
- American Hotel & Lodging Association, Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE©) (2017)
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award and Active Learning Grant, Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (2016)
- The Walt Disney Company - Operations Management (2009-2014)
- Introductory Sommelier (2009)
- Hospitality and event management
- Biohazard and infectious disease training in hospitality operations
- Restaurant public health practices
Jamieson, L., & Howell, B. D. (In Review). Target markets of Las Vegas, Nevada and its shift in marketing approaches: An exploratory study.
Howell, B.D., Le, A., & Gibbs, S. (In Review). Perspective from Conducting Infectious and Communicable Disease Education in Hospitality Organizations. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education.
Naaman,K., Wang, W., Hu, C., & Howell, B.(2019). Service-learning in a Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Program. Events and Tourism Review, 2(2), 88-98.
Howell, B. D.(2013). An examination of demographic characteristics, preferred managerial leadership style, and managerial effectiveness of full-service lodging managers in Florida. (Order No. 3577376, Nova Southeastern University). ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, 97.
Austin, D. R. & Howell, B. D. (2017). Marketing recreational therapy. Perspectives on Recreational Therapy. Book Chapter 22.
Howell, B. D. (2019, February 25). Protecting yourself from opioid waste exposures and associated infectious diseases. Great Lakes Park Training Institute, Conference presentation.
Howell, B. D., Le, A., Gibbs, S. (2019, March 22). Perspective from conducting infectious and communicable disease education in hospitality organizations. International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education, Conference presentation.
Howell, B. D., Knapp, J. S., & Smiley, D. L. (2019, April 1). Partnerships that work: Developing a career path through fieldwork, internship, and career placement. Cooperative Education & Internship Association, Conference presentation.
Omodior, O., Howell, B. D., & Jamieson, L. (2017). Conceptualizing the role of leisure in public health. The Academy of Leisure Sciences Research Institute, Workshop presentation.