Indiana University, Ph.D., 2011
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, M.S., 2007
North Dakota State University, B.S., 2003
- Assistant Professor, Department of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, University at Buffalo (2014-2020)
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the White House (2019)
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (2019-)
- Director of Research Early Career Grant, Office of Naval Research (2017-)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Mayo Clinic (2011-2014)
- Beginning New Investigator Military Physiology Award, The American Physiological Society (2013)
- Exercise Physiology
- Autonomic Physiology
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Environmental Physiology
Hess HW, Clemency BM, Hostler D, & Johnson BD. Carotid body chemosensitivity during normoxic and hyperoxic hyperbaria. Journal of Applied Physiology, in press.
Johnson BD, Sackett JR, Schlader ZJ, & Leddy JJ. Attenuated cardiovascular responses to sympathoexcitation in recently concussed college athletes. Journal of Athletic Training, 55(2): 124-131, 2020.
Johnson BD, O?Leary MC, McBryde M, Sackett JR, Schlader ZJ, & Leddy JJ. Face cooling exposes cardiac parasympathetic dysfunction in recently concussed college athletes. Physiological Reports, 6(9): e13694, 2018.
Haider MN, Johnson SL, Mannix R, Macfarlane AJ, Constantino D, Johnson BD, Willer B, & Leddy JJ. The Buffalo concussion bike test for concussion assessment in adolescents. Sports Health, 11(6): 492-497, 2019.
Crandall CG, Rickards CA, & Johnson BD. Impact of Environmental Stressors on Tolerance to Hemorrhage in Humans. AJP-Regulatory, Integrative, and Circulatory Physiology, 316(2): R88-100, 2019.
Sackett JR, Schlader ZJ, Cruz C, Hostler D, & Johnson BD. The effect of water immersion and acute hypercapnia on ventilatory sensitivity and cerebrovascular reactivity. Physiological Reports, 6(19): e13901, 2018.
Johnson BD, Sackett JR, Sarker S, & Schlader ZJ. Face cooling increases blood pressure during central hypovolemia. AJP-Regulatory, Integrative, and Circulatory Physiology, 313: R594-R600, 2017.