Adjunct Professor of Practice
Queen's University, Belfast, N Ireland, Ph.D, 1976
Queen's University, Belfast, N Ireland, B.S., 1972
- Founder and Principal Consultant, Nutrition Implications, LLC., 2018 - present
- Vice President, Health and Nutrition Policy, Grocery Manufacturers Association, Washington, DC, 2011 - 2018
- Global Head of Nutrition and Scientific Affairs, Cadbury, London, 2005 - 2010
- ASN Sustaining Member Committee, Award of Distinction, 2009
- Member, University of Illinois Division of Nutritional Sciences External Advisory Committee, 1995 - 2008
- Director, Nutrition Science and Policy, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN, 2002 - 2005
- Member, Food Forum of the National Academy of Sciences, 2003 - 2005
- Director, Discovery, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN, 2000 - 2002
- Director, Pediatric Product Development, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN, 1998 - 2000
- Director and other roles, Nutrition Science, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN, 1982 - 1999
The development of organizational, national and global food policies and their implementation.
Rowe, S., Alexander, N., Almeida, N., Black, R., Burns, R., Bush, L., Crawford, P., Keim, N., Kris-Etherton, P., & Weaver, C. (2011). Translating the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 to bring about real behavior chenge. JADA 111(1), 28-39.
Morale, S. E., Hoffman, D. R., Castaneda, Y. S., Wheaton, D. H., Burns, R. A., & Birch, E. E. (2005) Duration of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids availability in the diet and visual acuity. Early Human Development, 81, 197-203.