Adjunct Professor of Practice
Applied Health Science
Queen's University, Belfast, N Ireland, Ph.D, 1976
Queen's University, Belfast, N Ireland, B.S., 1972
- Founder and Principal Consultant, Nutrition Implications, LLC. 2018present
- Vice President, Health and Nutrition Policy, Grocery Manufacturers Association, Washington, DC 20112018
- ASN Sustaining Member Committee, Award of Distinction, 2009
- Global Head of Nutrition and Scientific Affairs, Cadbury, London 20052010
- Member, Food Forum of the National Academy of Sciences, 20032005
- Director, Nutrition Science and Policy, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN 20022005
- Director, Discovery, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN 20002002
- Director, Pediatric Product Development, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, IN 19982000
- Member, Division of Nutritional Sciences External Advisory Committee, 19952008
The development of organizational, national and global food policies and their implementation
Rowe, S., Alexander, N., Almeida, N., Black, R., Burns, R., Bush, L., Crawford, P., Keim, N., Kris-Etherton, P., & Weaver, C. (2011). Translating the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 to bring about real behavior chenge. JADA 111(1), 28-39.
Morale, S. E., Hoffman, D. R., Castaneda, Y. S., Wheaton, D. H., Burns, R. A., & Birch, E. E. (2005) Duration of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids availability in the diet and visual acuity. Early Human Development, 81, 197-203.