Doctoral Research Coordinator
Open Research and Contributor Identifier
Health & Wellness Design
Michigan State University, Ph.D., 2014
Clemson University, M.S., 2008
Michigan State University, B.S., 2006
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Travel Research
- Graduate Student Colloquium Chair, Travel and Tourism Research Association International Conference.
- 2016 Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- 2014 Graduate Teaching Excellence Award, Michigan State University.
- Primary investigator on grants exceeding $60,000 from Phoenix Convention Center, Luso-American Development Foundation, and Tourism Cares.
- Co-investigator on grants exceeding $300,000 from the Arizona Department of Transportation, US Bureau of Land Management.
- Creator of a tourism research focused Blog and The Trip Doctor podcast
I study stress as it happens in the built and natural environment, particularly in communities that are economically dependent on the tourism industry. Keywords: Stress, coping, emotions, tourism impacts, mobile and wearable technology.
Jordan EJ & Prayag G. Residents' Cognitive Appraisals, Emotions, and Coping Strategies at Local Dark Tourism Sites. Journal of Travel Research. Published online April 15, 2021:00472875211004761. doi:10.1177/00472875211004761
Jordan EJ, Moran C, & Godwyll JM. Does tourism really cause stress? A natural experiment utilizing ArcGIS Survey123. Current Issues in Tourism. 2021;24(1):1-15. doi:10.1080/13683500.2019.1702001
Jordan EJ, Lesar L, & Spencer DM. Clarifying the Interrelations of Residents' Perceived Tourism-Related Stress, Stressors, and Impacts. Journal of Travel Research. 2021;60(1):208-219.
Jordan EJ, Young SJ, & Menachemi N. Expanding the Curriculum in a School of Public Health. Frontiers in Public Health. 2021;9:1126. doi:10.3389/fpubh.2021.700638
Jordan EJ, Lesar L, & Spencer DM. Clarifying the Interrelations of Residents' Perceived Tourism-Related Stress, Stressors, and Impacts. Journal of Travel Research. 2021;60(1):208-219. doi:10.1177/0047287519888287
Jordan EJ, Vieira JC, Santos CM, & Huang T-Y (Tim). Do residents differentiate between the impacts of tourism, cruise tourism, and Airbnb tourism? Journal of Sustainable Tourism. Published online October 16, 2020. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09669582.2020.1833894
Jordan EJ, Spencer DM, & Prayag G. Tourism impacts, emotions and stress. Annals of Tourism Research. 2019;75:213-226. doi:10.1016/j.annals.2019.01.011