Karolinska Institutet, Ph.D. in Epidemiology, 2008
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, M.S. in Biostatistics, 1995
Beijing Normal University, B.S. in Mathematics, 1989
- July 2015 - Present, Associate Professor, Dept. of Epidemiology and Bio! statistics, School of Public Health - Bloomington, Indiana University
- January 2013 - June 2015, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health - Bloomington, Indiana University
- March 2009 - Decenber 2012, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, West Virginia University with a joint appointment with Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center
- 1R15CA179463-01; Sources: NIH/NCI; Title: Diabetes, Metformin and Breast Cancer Prognosis; Role: PI; Period: 9/1/2013-8/31/2016; Amount: $414,602
- 2015 School of Public Health Outstanding Early Career Scholar Award, Indiana Univeristy
- Delta Omega Initiate to the Gamma Beta Chapter at Indiana University, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health ! 2014
Dr. Luo's research and training have focused on lifestyle and environmental factors in relation to cancer risk and cancer prognosis, particularly for breast, lung and pancreatic cancer. She has been involved in the Women's Health Initiative, a large prospective cohort since 2005. Her current research interests include: (1) Tobacco use and cancer risk; (2)Diabetes and cancer risk and prognosis; (3)Obesity, weight change and cancer risk; and (4)Environmental pollutants and cancer risk.
Luo J, Chlebowski RT, Hendryx M, Rohan T, Wactawski-Wende J, Thomson CA, Felix AS, Chen C, Barrington W, Coday M, Stefanick M, LeBlanc E, Margolis KL. (2017). Intentional weight loss and endometrial cancer risk. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2017 Feb 6, 2017; JCO2016705822. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2016.70.5822. [Epub ahead of print].
*Liang XY, Margolis KL, Hendryx M, Rohan T, Groessl EJ,! Thomson CA, Kroenke C, Simon M, Lane D, Stefanick M, Luo J. (2017) Metabolic phenotype and risk of colorectal cancer in normal-weight postmenopausal women. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, February 1, 2017; DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-16-0761. [Epub ahead of print].
Luo J, Hendryx M, Manson JE, Liang XY, Margolis KL. (2016). Hysterectomy, oophorectomy and risk of thyroid cancer. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 101(10),3812-3819.
Luo J, Hendryx M, Qi L, Ho GYF, Margolis KL. (2016). Pre-existing diabetes and lung cancer prognosis. British Journal of Cancer, 115(1),76-79.
Luo J, Hendryx M, Virnig B, Wen S, Chelebowski R, Chen C, Rohan T, Tinker L, Wactawski-Wende J, Lessin L, Margolis KL. (2015). Pre-existing diabetes and breast cancer prognosis among elderly women. British Journal of Cancer, 113 (5), 827-832.
Luo J, Virnig B, Hendryx M, Wen S, Chelebowski R, Chen C, Rohan T, Tinker L, Wactawski-Wende J, Lessin L, Margolis KL. (2014). Diabetes, diabetes treatment and breast cancer prognosis. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 148(1), 153-162.
Luo J, Rossouw J, Margolis KL. (2013). Smoking cessation, weight change and coronary heart disease among postmenopausal women with and without diabetes (research letter). JAMA, 310 (1), 94-96.