Clinical Assistant Professor
Health & Wellness Design
Indiana University, Ph.D., Leisure Behavior, 2000
Indiana University, M.S., 1997
University of Nebraska, B.S., 1991
- Indiana University SPH Trustees Teaching Award, 2020 and 2018
- Indiana University Mosaic Faculty Fellow, 2016
- Indiana Park and Recreation Association Educator of the Year-2012 and Professional of the Year-2018
- Director of Indiana University's Executive Development Program for Park and Recreation Professionals
- Department Internship Coordinator
- Faculty instructor with Indiana University Sustaining Hoosier Communities Initiative
- Chair of the Indiana Park and Recreation Association Certification and Education Committee
Pedagogy; Active Learning; Parks and Recreation's link to community health and wellness; Continuing Education; High Impact Learning Practices and Student Learning; Leadership and Management
Bent, T., Knapp, J., & Robinson, J. (2020). Evaluating the Effectiveness of Teaching Assistants in Active Learning Classrooms. Journal of Learning Spaces, 9 (2), 103-118.
Knapp, J. (2020). High impact practices in the classroom: Innovative projects promoting recreation technology use and partnerships through a rural engagement initiative. Proceedings of Papers Presented at The Academy of Leisure Sciences (TALS) 2020 Conference, Champaign, Il.
Knapp, J. (2018). Making an Impact: Reverse Mentoring with Millennial and Gen Z Interns. Impact. Cooperative Education and Internship Association.
Knapp, J. (2014). Career Perspectives. Publisher: Great River Technologies: E-Textbook-ISBN #: 978-1-61549-843-7
Knapp, J. (February, 2020). Less Lecture more HIPS- High Tech and Rural Engagement in One Semester. 2020 E.C. Moore Symposium on Excellence in Teaching. Indianapolis, IN: IUPUI.
Knapp, J., Parr, M., Stutzman, J., & Watson, L., (September, 2019). Internships: Creating a Triple Win Experience for Students, Agencies and Universities. 2019 NRPA National Congress Education Session, Baltimore, MD: NRPA.
Knapp, J., and West-McMaster, Brandi. (July, 2020) COVID-19 and the Impact on Internships - a Story of Creativity, Flexibility and Support from Professionals in the Field. The Academy of Leisure Sciences Webinar.