Executive Associate Dean
University of Connecticut, Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, 1999
Indiana University, M.S. Clinical Research, 2011
University of Rhode Island, M.S. in Exercise Science, 1994
Howard University, B.S. in Physical Education, 1992
NiCole R. Keith, Ph.D., FACSM is a professor in the Department of Kinesiology and the executive associate dean in the School of Public Health - Bloomington.
Keith is dedicated to research and programming that increases physical activity participation, improves fitness, and positively influences health outcomes while addressing health equity. She has served on the IU Bloomington faculty since 2023. She also is a research scientist at the IU Center for Aging Research in the IU School of Medicine and a Regenstrief Institute investigator. Keith was the 2020─2021 American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) vice president of membership, communication, education, and policy, the 2020─21 ACSM president, and serves on several other ACSM national committees. A Fellow of the National Academy of Kinesiology (NAK), Keith serves on the NAK Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Presidential Committee, the Membership Committee, and the Editorial Board. She is currently the Chair of the National Physical Activity Plan and serves on the Physical Activity Alliance Advisory Committee.
Keith earned a B.S. degree in physical education from Howard University in 1992, an M.S. degree in exercise science from the University of Rhode Island in 1994, a Ph.D. degree in exercise physiology from the University of Connecticut in 1999, and an M.S. degree in clinical research from Indiana University in 2011. She is trained in physical activity, community, and clinical research.
- Weiner, M., Adeoye, P., Boeh, M.J., Bodke, K., Broughton, J., Butler, A.R., Dafferner, M.L., Dirlam, L.A., Ferguson, D., Keegan, A.L. and Keith, N.R., (2023). Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Other Wearable Devices to Assess Hypoglycemia among Older Adult Outpatients with Diabetes Mellitus. Applied Clinical Informatics, 14(01), pp.037-044.
- Alamilla, R. A., Keith, N. R., Hasson, R. E., Welk, G. J., Riebe, D., Wilcox, S., & Pate, R. R. (2023). Future Directions for Transforming Kinesiology Implementation Science into Society. Kinesiology Review, 1(aop), 1-9.
- Keith, N. R. (2022). Taking steps toward health equity through physical activity. Kinesiology Review, 11(1), 26-35.
- Hasson, R., Sallis, J. F., Coleman, N., Kaushal, N., Nocera, V. G., & Keith, N. (2022). COVID-19: Implications for physical activity, health disparities, and health equity. American journal of lifestyle medicine, 16(4), 420-433.
- Kenney, W. L., Jablonski, N. G., Brown, M. D., & Keith, N. R. (2022). Honoring The HERITAGE Study and Looking Forward. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 54(5), 883-885.
- Bustamante, E. E., Sawyer, C., Brown, M. D., Suman, O. E., & Keith, N. R. (2019). The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) leadership and diversity training program (LDTP). Journal of Best Practices in Health Professions Diversity, 12(2), 165-180.