University at Buffalo, Ph.D., 2011
University of Florida, M.S., 2002
University of Florida, B.S., 1999
- Academic Scientific Advisor, International Life Sciences Institute – North America (2018 – 2020)
- National Cancer Institute Diversity Supplemental Award to U01-CA057030
- Invited Keynote Speaker at Eastern North American Region International Biometric Society (ENAR) 2019 Spring Meeting
- Inducted into Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society (2015)
- Selected and funded by the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) to participate in the "Methods in Cancer Biostatistics Workshop: Clinical Trial Designs for Targeted Agents" (2015)
- Mentor, Joint Statistical Meetings Committee on Diversity (2014)
- Visiting Student Scientist at the Radiation Effects Research Foundation sponsored by the Japanese Department of Health Ministry (2008)
My research interest focuses on developing statistical methods that permit accurate assessments of exposures that appear as latent variables such as dietary intake, physical activity behavior, or true radiation doses on health outcomes.
Tekwe, C.D. (2018). Editorial: Addressing inaccurate measures of body weights in epidemiological and clinical studies involving older adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 301-302.
Tekwe, C.D., Zoh, R.S., Bazer, F.W., Wu, G., Carroll, R.J. (2018) Functional multiple indicators, multiple causes measurement error models. Biometrics, 74(1), 127-134. [**equal contribution]
Tekwe, C.D., Carter, R.L., Cullings, H. (2016) Generalized multiple indicators, multiple causes measurement error models. Statistical Modelling, 16, 140-159.
Tekwe, C.D., Carter, R.L., Cullings, H., Carroll, RJ. (2014) Multiple indicators, multiple causes measurement error models. Statistics in Medicine, 33, 4469-4481.
Tekwe, C.D., Lei, J., Yao, K., Li, X, Rezaei, R., Dahanakaya, S., Meininger, C., Carroll, R.J., Meininger, C., Bazer, F., Wu, G. (2013) Oral administration of interferon tau reduces adiposity in Zucker diabetic fatty rats. BioFactors, 39, 552-563. DOI:10.1002/biof.1113.
Tekwe, C.D., Carroll, R.J., Dabney, A.R. (2012) Application of survival analysis methodology to the quantitative analysis of LC-MS proteomics data. Bioinformatics, 28, 1998-2003. PMCID: PMC3400956.
Tekwe, C.D., Carter, R.L., Ma, C.X, Algina, J., Lucas, M.E., Roth, J., Ariet, J., Fisher, T., and Resnick, B. (2004) An empirical comparison of statistical models for value-added assessment of school performance. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics. 29, 11-26. DOI: 10.3102/10769986029001011. [Winner of the R.L. Anderson Student Paper Award from the Southern Regional Conference on Statistics and the American Statistical Association]