Anthony D. Pantaleoni Eminent Scholar
Interim Department Chair
Open Research and Contributor Identifier
Environmental and Occupational Health
University of Buenos Aires, Ph.D., 2009
University of Buenos Aires, M.Sc., 2002
- Board on Higher Education and Workforce (BHEW), National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine
- Board Member, Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- Co-chair, New Voices, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Associate Professor, Director of the Biobehavioral Lab, and Beerstecher-Blackwell Distinguished Term Scholar, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Humanities. Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Interim Director for Diversity and Inclusion in Education, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Councilor, Organization for the Study of Sex Differences
Doctor Silveyra's research focuses on sex differences in inflammatory lung disease. Doctor Silveyra's laboratory studies the role of sex hormones and steroid hormone receptor signaling in mechanisms of lung inflammation, with an emphasis of asthma.
Fuentes N, Nicoleau M, Cabello N, Montes D, Zomorodi N, Chroneos ZC, Silveyra P. 17ß-estradiol affects lung function and inflammation following ozone exposure in a sex-specific manner. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2019 Sep 25; PMID: 31553636; PMCID: PMC6879909
Fuentes N, Cabello N, Mishra V, Nicoleau M, Silveyra P. Modulation of the lung inflammatory response to ozone by the estrous cycle. Physiol Rep. 2019 Mar;7(5):e14026. PMID: 30848106; PMCID: PMC6405886
Fuentes, N., Silveyra, P. Lung microRNA Profiling Across the Estrous Cycle in Ozone-exposed Mice. J Vis Exp. 2019 Jan 7;(143). doi: 10.3791/58664. PMID: 30663642; PMCID: PMC6428684
Fuentes N, Silveyra P. Endocrine regulation of lung disease and inflammation. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2018 Dec 3; PubMed PMID: 30509139. PMCID: PMC6348592
Fuentes N, Roy A, Mishra V, Cabello N, Silveyra P. Sex-specific microRNA expression networks in an acute mouse model of ozone-induced lung inflammation. Biol Sex Differ. 2018 May 8;9(1):18. PMID: 29739446; PMCID: PMC5941588
Mishra V, DiAngelo SL, Silveyra P. Sex-specific IL-6-associated signaling activation in ozone-induced lung inflammation. Biol Sex Differ. 2016;7:16. PMID: 26949510; PMCID: PMC4779258.
Cabello N, Mishra V, Sinha U, DiAngelo SL, Chroneos ZC, Ekpa NA, Cooper TK, Caruso CR, Silveyra P. Sex differences in the expression of lung inflammatory mediators in response to ozone. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015 Nov 15;309(10):L1150-63. PMID: 26342085; PMCID: PMC4652152.